NLSP Coronavirus Response
NLSP is closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it is having on our community. Our thoughts are with the individuals and families affected by the disease. NLSP is committed to the health and safety of our clients, our staff and their families, and our volunteers as our top priority.
Please note that, starting in November of 2023, intake will be closed every second Thursday of the month and every last Wednesday of the month.
For intake, clients or others seeking assistance:
- Telephone intake is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Call (202) 832-6577 (NLSP)
- Online Intake is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on our website
An NLSP staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
- Update from the Housing Practice - Know Your Rights During the COVID-19 State of Emrgency
- FAQ for Co-Parenting during COVID-19
- NLSP has restarted DCPL workshop online
- Find out how to protect your Credit Report during COVID-19
We recommend that our clients, volunteers, and staff take precautions to avoid becoming infected. According to current guidance, the best preventative measures include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If water is not available, using hand sanitizer
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding unnecessary physical contact such as shaking hands
If you become sick:
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Contact your healthcare provider by phone to discuss your symptoms
Additional resources can be found here:
We also urge the community to not spread misinformation or discriminate against anyone because of their perceived country of origin.
- December 31, 2023
January 28, 2022