If Love Hurts, There Is Help
Your first priority is your immediate safety. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- DC Crisis Helpline: 202-561-7000
- Dc Sexual Assault Hotline: 202-333-RAPE
- DC Safe Resource Map for DC metro area: http://dcsafe.org/help/resource-map/
- My Sister’s Place confidential 24-Hour hotline: (202) 529-5991
- House of Ruth Domestic Violence Hotline: (202) 667-7001
- Maryland Domestic Violence Hotline/Resources (800) MD-HELPS
- Virginia Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Hotline (800) 838-4753
- Metropolitan Police Department: http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/domestic-violence-resources
Lawyers at NLSP can assist with obtaining a Civil Protection Order, custody and other legal issues. Call 202-832-NLSP during our intake hours Monday, Wednesay and Friday from 10:00 am- 3:00 pm.
If you are outside the DC area, http://lsc.gov/find-legal-aid